FreeNAS 11 jail storage mounting not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristen

Dabbler
Hello!

Im trying to create a jail storage and then getting error:
Code:
Error: [MiddlewareError: b'The path could not be mounted /mnt/Kristen/Downloads: Mount failed 64 -> , mount_nullfs: /mnt/Kristen/Downloads: No such file or directory\n']

How to fix it?
I dont understand what I'm doing wrong, in 9.3 it worked for me!

Best wishes,
Kristen,

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I think the solution is to make a dataset instead of a folder where you want the data to be. Create a group just for that data set. Remove the directory you are trying to use and instead create a new dataset at the same location. Set the group owner of the dataset to the new group you created, set the permissions mask for that dataset all checked except under 'other'. And check the set recursively before saving. Then add add that group as an 'auxiliary group' of your user account and of the process user account as well.

By making your user and the program members of the same group, and then giving ownership to that group with permissions to read and write to the entire group by default, this should solve your problem.

There is another permission that could block access, but try this part first.

kristen

Dabbler
I tryed to add group nogroup and owenr nobody and gived 777 permission and recursivly. I tryed with dataset but same error.
Im using same tutorial what I used on 9.3..

D

dlavigne

Does Kristen/Downloads exist?

Post a screenshot of your Add Storage screen with the values you are trying to use as well as a screenshot of Storage → Volumes → View Volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.