FreeNAS 11.2-RC1 --> any day now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwck

Patron
Let me know how the update process goes ! And report back.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Looks like it was pushed out to tomorrow. As much as I'd like to get my jails on a supported FreeBSD version I'll wait until 11.2 RELEASE before I upgrade.

Zwck

Patron
Probably will update tmr. changelog available ?

hervon

Patron
I also updated from beta 3 to RC1 without issue so far. Samba works. My iocage jails too : miniDLNA, Transmission and Urbackup. Seems to be a keeper. Thanks!

Last edited:

Zwck

Patron

Dam0

Cadet
1. upgrade seems to have been success, awsome.

2. plex can now be installed via the plugins gui .

3. im unable to install emby via the plugins gui . it installs fine, though the http://IP:port seems to not function.

[edit]

Code:
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"

service emby-server start

is needed to start emby :smile: oops

thankyou

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Updated fine for me from Beta2.

I was waiting as I had seen that Docker (rancherOS) was updated to 1.1.4 in Beta3 and in the past, this has meant that the rancherOS VM (running 1.1.3) would fail to start and need to be rebuilt.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case with the update here. My rancherOS VM is running fine on 1.1.3... now I need to work out how to update it to 1.1.4 without breaking everything.

Zwck

Patron
Updated fine for me from Beta2.

I was waiting as I had seen that Docker (rancherOS) was updated to 1.1.4 in Beta3 and in the past, this has meant that the rancherOS VM (running 1.1.3) would fail to start and need to be rebuilt.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case with the update here. My rancherOS VM is running fine on 1.1.3... now I need to work out how to update it to 1.1.4 without breaking everything.

i am running quite a bit of dockers, on my setup, do you use any gui for docker management like rancher ? Rancher + RancherOs is really kick ass and quite simple to use, also to recover recreate on so on.

enemy85

Guru
Question: if I install the 11.2 RC from scratch with iocage plugins, I can't upload a 11.1 config right?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Question: if I install the 11.2 RC from scratch with iocage plugins, I can't upload a 11.1 config right?
You should be able to.

sretalla