FreeNAS 11.1-U4 Active Directory Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

finsfree

Dabbler
For the life of me I can't seem to get active directory integration to work. I had it working just fine on other builds but not this one.

I'm coming across weird corky issues:

1. After updating the Nameservers (1,2,3) under Network>Global Configuration they don't show up in Network>Network Summary. Under Nameserver I got the loop back address 127.0.0.1. It never updates to what I put in under Network>Global Configuration. I did do a restart a couple of times.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

2. I can't run any command in terminal. Not even "ifconfig".

What the heck is going on??

finsfree

Dabbler
I'm running it on this Click Here w/ 12GB RAM & Xeon CPU.

I know it's not ex actually server grade but I've made FreeNAS work with less.

atakacs

Explorer
Well I seem to have a very similar issue... Any help / pointer most welcome !

finsfree

Dabbler
Were you able to resolve this?
No issue wasn't resolved.

I even change to a different PC Dell T110 specs w/ 16GB RAM II and still having the issue. For some reason when I edit the nameserver 1 , 2 or 3 it never stays. When I check in "Network summary" my edited changes didn't take.

finsfree

Dabbler
I'm assuming because I can't update my DNS setting in FreeNAS 11.1-U4, I am getting this error message when trying to update.
update_freenas.JPG

Has anyone have solved this? I am having the same problem with the 11.1-u4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im having troubles to update im getting the cannot reach to the server
error.
The troubleshooting only says that if a i can get a ping, timezone, etc it should work. i have already do that and still getting the error

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i have just updated the version of the freenas to 11.1 U5 and still having the problem. I dont know if it could be that i only have one interface set and its static ip, i cant even do ping to the site of update and the network summary still is on 127.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.