FreeNAS 11.0 not booting and giving a lot of errors

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi,

I remember my freenas was working and I had lot of data stored on it. I am not expert of freenas but I managed to installed by looking online help around a year ago. My server was down some long time and now I wanted to startup. Currently it showed 11.0 build which is not starting up and keep giving lot of errors.

My question is, how I can get my data recovered? Can I install new latest freenas on my pen drive and configured my hard drives folders back so I can recover my data?

I am sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks
Lado

Ladowali

Explorer
I have managed to boot from old version 9.10 and got to the web interface. But I can not see my data volumes.
Can someone help me locating my data.

Thanks
Lado

melloa

Wizard
But I can not see my data volumes.

Try:

Go to Storage
1564252003745.png

Import Volume

1564252049487.png

Select No if not Encrypted (Hopefully), Click OK.

1564252125047.png

Click the dropdown to the right of Volume

1564252157677.png

If your pool is listed, select it and continue; setup your users, exports (SMB/NFS), etc.

If your pool is not listed some work will be needed from the shell.

Good luck.

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Melloa,

Thanks for replying.
In the second step 2/2 I do not see any pool in the drop down list in my current version of 9.10. My question is if I install the latest version of freenas on new pen drive, can I able to import my pool from my existing storage drives? But on the other hand if I use \\freenas on command line, I can see my two shared folder.

Thanks
Lado

melloa

Wizard
Currently it showed 11.0 build
I have managed to boot from old version 9.10

What was the version you were running? Use the same version to reinstall and try to import the pool.

But on the other hand if I use \\freenas on command line, I can see my two shared folder.

That wouldn't be possible with a fresh install. Either you are still running the "original" install or you made the changes/imported config.

Please back rack your steps, install the same version you had running, and re-try import. You will have to re-configure all settings, including users/shares/etc.

As always save the current config to be able to go back in case something happens.

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Melloa,

Before doing this, I need to know my few questions answered:
1) How to save the current config.
2) If I re-install same version on new pen drive, e.g. 9.10 and then try to import the current pool. Can I upgrade 9.10 to the latest freenas like 11.2, I believe?

Thanks
Lado

melloa

Wizard
1) How to save the current config.

Under System > General > Save Config

2) If I re-install same version on new pen drive, e.g. 9.10 and then try to import the current pool. Can I upgrade 9.10 to the latest freenas like 11.2, I believe?

I suppose, depending on your server specs, that you will need to provide if need confirmation.