format disk shell o gui?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.ummagumma

Dabbler
Hello friends and enemies of FreeNAS 8,..
I would like to know whether to format the disk and eliminate any possibility for the function Autoimport What can I do? I have to format hard shell? someone can 'give me some guidance on this topic?

thanks

Tekkie

Patron
Only friend of FreeNAS8 here ;)

Are you asking if you can autoimport an external USB drive that was formatted on a different system?

torrin

Hello friends and enemies of FreeNAS 8,..
I would like to know whether to format the disk and eliminate any possibility for the function Autoimport What can I do? I have to format hard shell? someone can 'give me some guidance on this topic?

thanks

Only friend of FreeNAS8 here ;)

Are you asking if you can autoimport an external USB drive that was formatted on a different system?

I think he is asking if it will auto-import and he does not want it to?

Mr.U, if that is the case, it should not auto import the volume, and you should be create a new volume over the top of it.

mr.ummagumma

Dabbler
Thanks to all my friends ..... ;-)

I try to explain what was the problem .... I know this is difficult for you because of my English .... ;-(

I had to initialize the hdd (used to experiment with raid1 and raidz) from a linux machine because otherwise formatted with a Windows machine, if I created a FreeNAS storage that gave this error, said he could not understand how much space was free .. . but if I used the Autoimport I created the raid without error that I had created before formatting ..... it should be solved only by using a Linux (gpart) to format the hdd.

Now, I ask you how to change the file loader.conf to improve the ZFS tuning the service, if I try to add the required lines, it gives me error because the file is read only ....

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.