For some reason, my system freezes every so often???

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarOmar

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS,

Can I please get some help, I thought that I had my system all stable then I went to check on it and it was online (I could ping it) but I couldn't access it through Putty or Web?

So, I did the dreaded restart and realized that it was hanging at one area (during system check), then I started shutting down and bring it up one drive at a time and got to a point where it completed loaded but with this one drive it appeared to be causing it to hang??? At the moment I still can't access my pool because this one drive was part it, please tell me all of my data isn't lost?

Am I doing something wrong, what gives, I barely do any configuration to it. Now I have this message on the web?

Attachments

• 2016-10-01 14_26_19-freenas - FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd).jpg
    2016-10-01 14_26_19-freenas - FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 175

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Sounds like your pool of probably corrupt. Are your drives striped? Why can't you import your pool with one missing?

Also hardware and freenas version.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OmarOmar

Dabbler
Hello SweetAndLow,

I think it is Striped, how did it become corrupt if I haven't touched it?

Can you explain "import your pool with one missing"?

Also, what command should I run to tell you the setup or do you want me to just give you the information manually?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Please read the forum rules at the top of the page and tell us your motherboard, CPU, memory, power supply, case and disks. Also describe your disk layout. There are hundreds of reasons for your problem but if you want help you have to try and provide reasonable information.

Since you have a striped pool corruption can happen at any time. A bad disk, a power blip or memory issues can corrupt your pool since you don't have any redundancy.

The one drive missing question was what you told us. Boot sure what there is to explain. Only reason you can't import your drive with a missing drive is if you're pool is striped. What is the output of zpool import if you run it from the command line. Post the output using code tags in the forum. Also do you run smart tests?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.