SOLVED FNAS doesnt recognise disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

trek102

Dabbler
I recently installed FNAS with 2 disks. Of course 1 was used for the OS and 1 as data disk which worked well. Then I installed the OS on a USB-stick and booted from that. The intention was to utilise the 2nd HD (where the OS used to be on) as a data disk. However, FNAS does not see this 2nd disk (with the old OS) and I cannot see it in the web interface. I cannot include it as data disk.
The disk is fine. I assume it must have something to do with the disk having an old FNAS OS on it that prevents it from being used as data disk. How can I solve this?
Any ideas?

warri

Guru
What is the output of camcontrol devlist? You can issue that command in the shell provided by the web interface or via SSH. If both drives are listed in the output, you could try wiping the disk in question with an external tool like gparted (available as live cd) or even on a Windows PC to destroy any existing partition table on it.

trek102

Dabbler
What is the output of camcontrol devlist? You can issue that command in the shell provided by the web interface or via SSH. If both drives are listed in the output, you could try wiping the disk in question with an external tool like gparted (available as live cd) or even on a Windows PC to destroy any existing partition table on it.

You can see that FNAS actually detects the missing drive (target 1) but I cannot add it to a data volume.

<ST3250820AS 3.CHL> at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (ada0,pass0)
<Maxtor 6L300S0 BACE1G20> at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (ada1,pass1)
<TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G D200> at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (cd0,pass2)
<SanDisk Cruzer Force 1.27> at scbus5 target 0 lun 0 (pass3,da0)

trek102

Dabbler
I downloaded gparted onto USB stick and wiped the old disk. Now it works like a charm.
Thank you very much for your quick response and pointing me precisely towards a solution!

trek102

Dabbler

I downloaded gparted onto USB stick and wiped the old disk. Now it works like a charm.
Thank you very much for your quick response and pointing me precisely towards a solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.