FN11 New GUI feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer

Explorer
This is more of a feedback from personal experience than a test or dev post. I'm slowly getting the feel of the new GUI and it is beginning to look very sleek and professional and in some areas rivaling the old classic 9.10 GUI and I can definitely see potential.

However, in parts I feel as though it is very cluttered with superfluous detail, buttons and then in busy screens hard to tell between multiple sections on the screen.

An example would be the Storage -> Volumes screen, I have given an example below, all the buttons are not really needed, over cluttering and spoiling the whole look and feel, wouldn't it be better to have a radio button selection or grid selection for each entry and then display the relevant buttons available, much like the 9.10 GUI does today. This may already be in the pipeline so sorry for jumping the gun.

The Service screen, while I like it, everything looks the same, would it be possible to maybe change the colour of stopped services? Maybe have each row highlight when you mouse over? More a personal preference than anything :)

As always, great job and all the hard work is really appreciated.
Thanks

upload_2017-5-19_21-17-47.png

microbug

Dabbler
I agree with you on the snapshots. There should be a checkbox next to each snapshot (which could be selected by clicking the row) and buttons at the bottom / top.

psdl

Cadet
I think the new gui is a port of the old gui to angular. It is really really not good. I tested Corral and i hope they
port it to FreeNAS 11. Once you installed Corral you don't want to go back to 9.1 or 11 !

microbug

Dabbler
Personally I prefer the old GUI, if anything just for familiarity. Corral was unintuitive, and combined with its lack of documentation this made it a pain to use.

psdl

Cadet
Personally I prefer the old GUI, if anything just for familiarity. Corral was unintuitive, and combined with its lack of documentation this made it a pain to use.

Maybe this is because you are used to the old gui. I installed FreeNAS 9.X only once to test it and thought i could do the same from the cli and used debian instead. So I have no real comparison and installed Corral. From my uninfluenced point of view, Corral is a much better and intuitive GUI. But my opinion is only mine. ;-)

ArgaWoW

Patron
Maybe this is because you are used to the old gui. I installed FreeNAS 9.X only once to test it and thought i could do the same from the cli and used debian instead. So I have no real comparison and installed Corral. From my uninfluenced point of view, Corral is a much better and intuitive GUI. But my opinion is only mine. ;-)
Totally agree.

redrex13

Dabbler
The menu is really uncomfortable and not intuitive. Corral is much more convenient. Please return a similar Corral.

styno

Patron
Speaking of Corral GUI features: please add the temperature graphs to the dashboard. Those are really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.