FreeNAS 11 mobile/desktop web gui design

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageAUS

Patron
I personally use my phone (Galaxy S7) alot to either ssh or access the web ui of my NAS and I would just like to say great work on the new ui for 11. The new gui works much better on mobile than 9.x or even 10 did.
With some more improvements it will be a great way to access my nas.
A feature i would like to see added is if you select system then say general the side menu bar should hide away, And that should be for all "secondary tabs". Also enlarging some of the "buttons" would be helpful ie the restart and shutdown buttons are a bit small and too close to each other. And when the side menu is hidden the power button at the bottom left either need to be removed or changed to fill the horizontal screen?, as at the moment it looks buggy.
This is just a quick overview of my thoughts and I'll add more to reflect anything more I find or changes that are made.
But as a whole great mobile gui.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Durkatlon

Patron
I'm a bit concerned from what I've seen of it so far, that it might only be a good *mobile* UI, but not a very good *desktop* UI. If I run it in a full-screen browser, some text fields stretch all the way across the screen, which looks bizarre and wastes a ton of space.

But I'll withhold judgement until we've gone through some more iterations.

SavageAUS

Patron
Update:
FreeNAS-11-MASTER-201704290408
New GUI
Clicking VMs open the expected section.
Although not perfect.
Untitled.jpg
Clicking Jails or Plugins returns to login screen.

jcat4

Dabbler
A bit old, but I actually disagree. I use my iPad to access the GUI a lot, and the old one was way more functional. I think it could work, but right now, it's super buggy.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.PNG
    IMG_0063.PNG
    338.4 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0064.PNG
    IMG_0064.PNG
    762.6 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0065.PNG
    IMG_0065.PNG
    741.2 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0066.PNG
    IMG_0066.PNG
    563.6 KB · Views: 459

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It has seen serious changes since -U1.

Clicking Jails or Plugins returns to login screen.
Those are probably not implemented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.