SOLVED Flashing LSI 3008 to IT Mode on Supermicro X11SSL-CF-O board: I Ran the FW update before flashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

billhickok

Dabbler
EDIT: I feel foolish. I figured out what was wrong...I was in the wrong directory. I tried moving to fs1: and everything worked smoothly.

I've read a few step-by-step guides in attempt to flash the onboard controller to IT mode, and I'm afraid I might have done something wrong. I downloaded the latest SAS 3008 firmware (v. P15) directly via Supermicro: ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/3008/Firmware/

I got a little mixed up and before even flashing the controller to IT mode, I ran the SMC3008T.NSH script in the zip file under the IT subfolder. For reference, the adapter was in IR mode "LSI3008-IR", prior to this. The script executes the following:
echo -off
sas3flash.efi -o -e 7
cls
sas3flash.efi -f 3008IT15.ROM
sas3flash.efi -b mptsas3.rom
sas3flash.efi -b mpt3x64.rom
cls
sas3flash.efi -o -sasaddhi 5003048

Now it's telling me "Controller is not operational. A firmware download is required. Enter firmware file name or quit to exit"

I tried entering the FW file 3008IT15.ROM, but it doesn't work. This is the screen I'm looking at now:

ZM69gCG.jpg

Every step-by-step guide I've read was nearly the same, and I suppose what confused me was that after erasing the controller firmware in the UEFI, every guide said to run the following:

sas3flash.efi -o -f *.bin -b mptsas3.rom

There is no .bin file in the firmware .zip Supermicro provided. Was I supposed to substitute the .bin with 3008IT15.ROM?

Here's a list of the files they do provide:
3008IT15.ROM
mpt3x64.rom
mptsas3.rom
sas3flash.efi
SMC3008T.NSH

And now that I ran that script and getting the above message in the UEFI....Am I totally screwed or is there any recourse? I have not rebooted the server in fear that the controller might brick (if it isn't already toast.) Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.