Files missing on GPT Ext2 mounted on FreeNAS

Doc54963

Cadet
First off thanks for all the help.

I'm trying to move data from my old Synology Diskstation to my new FreeNAS box. I have 25+ tb of data that need to be moved. I first tried over the network and that is just way to slow.

My latest action is to use a spare HDD and sneakernet it across. I was using an old 2Tb drive and it was working ok. So I bought a 12Tb drive and tried it. I formatted the drive with GPT and EXT2 from the Synology. Copied a large chunk of my Meda to the 12 Tb drive. Installed it in the FreeNAS and used the import drive utility to import into the correct pool. This seemed to work flawlessly but then I noticed of the 12 TB only about 1.8 is seen. All the root folders were copied to the disk seem to be there but the subfolders and/or files are missing.

I tried to manually mount the drive in FreeNAS but receive an error from what I can figure out this can be mounted as read-only. With that done and I search the FS I'm still missing the files and folders. I see no rime or reason it's happening if I compare permission between files that are present on the host system I see no difference. The files are not outrageously large. I even looked to see if the missing files have characters that could make them unreadable in the path. None of that seems to be the cause.

freenas# mount -t ext2fs /dev/da5p1 /mnt/drive/ mount: /dev/da5p1: Operation not permitted But this works mount -o ro -t ext2fs /dev/da5p1 /mnt/drive/

2Tb vs 12Tb Parted Print Output
Code:
print
Model: WDC WD2002FYPS-02W3B (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdgd: 2000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 1      1049kB  2000GB  2000GB  primary

(parted) print
print
Model: ATA ST12000VN0007-2G (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdge: 12.0TB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name  Flags
 1      1049kB  12.0TB  12.0TB  ext2

Again any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts.