file system full error applying the 8.2.0 p1 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original volumes had vanished when applying the 8.2.0 release, updated using the 8.2.0 p1 .txz I now get a Console error message stating: "freenas kernel : pid 4151 (nginx), uid 80 inumber 241 on /mnt : filesystem full". Can anyone advise the best course of action please.

paleoN

Wizard
From the announcement thread:
So, if you haven't upgraded to 8.2.0-RELEASE you're fine, just do a normal upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1.

If you have upgraded to 8.2.0-RELEASE then you've probably noticed a very annoying bug, it doesn't import ZFS pools at boot time.

What you'll want to do is detach your ZFS volume from the GUI. There are two checkboxes, one for delete shares, one for mark disks as new. Make sure these are both unchecked.

After the volume is detached run the auto-importer and reimport your pool. From there go to system -> settings -> advanced and do a firmware upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1. This will fail due to the version check, open the webshell and type in the following commands:

# cd /var/tmp/firmware
# cat firmware.img | sh /root/update && touch /data/need-update && reboot

When the system comes back up confirm it is running FreeNAS 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1

Thank you paloN

For some reason even after following your instructions the system still showed only 8.2.0 not p1 installed. However I have my volumes back; although I have used FreeNAS for some years, I have had few if any problems and I would have been to scared to dismount a volume with a RED screen for fear of losing the contents, if I had not had your assistance. I know this shows my ignorance, but I am learning and am very grateful for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.