File Permission ACLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragon75

Wizard
I am looking at setting file permissions VIA ACLs. I have done a bit of research but seem to have hit a dead end. I have mount a traditional files system with the ACL option but using
setfacl -m g:grp_roms_RO:r /path/to/roms
I get
"branding mismatch; exsisting ACL is NFSv4, entry to be merged is POSIX.le"

I tried "zfs set aclmode=passthrough" but that made no difference.

Ultimately I would like to have shared folders with read only and read write groups so I can attach users to each one as needed. I also strongly prefer to do this on the file system level and not SAMBA. If I could set permissions from windows and have the file system ACLs updated that would be ideal!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I am looking at setting file permissions VIA ACLs. I have done a bit of research but seem to have hit a dead end. I have mount a traditional files system with the ACL option but using
setfacl -m g:grp_roms_RO:r /path/to/roms
I get
"branding mismatch; exsisting ACL is NFSv4, entry to be merged is POSIX.le"

I tried "zfs set aclmode=passthrough" but that made no difference.

Ultimately I would like to have shared folders with read only and read write groups so I can attach users to each one as needed. I also strongly prefer to do this on the file system level and not SAMBA. If I could set permissions from windows and have the file system ACLs updated that would be ideal!

You're getting a branding-mismatch error because you're using setfacl wrong. Try setfacl -m g:grp_roms_RO:read_set:fd:allow /path/to/roms. You're using nfsv4 ACLs, not posix1e ACLs.

kdragon75

Wizard
Is there any way to use the posix1e ACLs? I do not make use of NFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.