Can't edit ACLs for iocage mounts

Bozerg

Cadet
I have an iocage jail that has an NFS mount of a directory on another TrueNAS system. I want to change the user and group on this mount from their current values to media:media. When I try to do so through the GUI (jail -> mount points -> (select mount) -> edit ACL), the screen I'd expect to be able to edit ACLs from loads, but with a "Please wait" spinning wheel that never resolves.

I've tried to mount and modify ACLs from the command line using mount -o acls -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/foo /mnt/bar to mount
followed by setfacl -R -m u:media:rwX /mnt/bar to set ACLs

Mounting appears to be successful, but setfacl returns /mnt/bar/: acl_get_link_np() failed: Operation not supported

I'm up to date on Train: TrueNAS-12.0-STABLE

Bozerg

Cadet
The underlying issue for me turned out not to be about permissions at all. Instead, I was trying to navigate to a folder (actually a dataset) on the remote TrueNAS system from a mount on the root of the pool, which is apparently a no-no. Mounting the data set directly fixed the problem (looks like a difference in behavior between SMB and NFS).

Still not sure what's going on with ACLs for shares, but I assume it's rooted in my fundamentally not understanding ACLs/NFS and isn't something I need to figure out right now.