Feature Request: More Telemetry!

NickF

Guru
Hi all,
I just wanted to jump in here and ask those who care to like my feature suggestions for TrueCommand. There are a couple of key things I wish it did for me, and it stinks that I have to resort to using apps or scripts to do them. For people who aren't regular users of the forums here, they may not even know what's possible.

@joeschmuck has developed a really really cool script, and now that I have it and use it I couldn't image not having it. You get some nifty nightly emails recaping all of

From my point of view, this would make an excellent addition to TrueCommand. If TC could gather all of this type of data across all of your systems, especially so you don't have to download a script and setup a cron job, that would be amazing. When you are managing multiple NAS's across multiple sites, knowing the basic telemetry of things such as temperature may be fantastic. Not everyone has proper environmental monitoring in all of their IT closets.

The second request I put in for was similar. I think it would be great if TC had a page similar to Scrutiny so there is a view of the same kind of data as above, but inside of the web interface.

Feel free to upvote my requests if you agree.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
There's probably two different features needed for this:

1. Share reports daily or weekly via email
2. Be able to generate the specific report required.

We plan to collect more data in Cobia.. but it would be useful to itemize the specific data needed for the reports requested. If we have agreement on the report required, then its easier to work out how to execute. For example, we might be adding a specific widget.

NickF

Guru
There's probably two different features needed for this:

1. Share reports daily or weekly via email
2. Be able to generate the specific report required.

We plan to collect more data in Cobia.. but it would be useful to itemize the specific data needed for the reports requested. If we have agreement on the report required, then its easier to work out how to execute. For example, we might be adding a specific widget.
In the script Joe wrote,

He's collecting a bunch of SMART data and zpool data.
The top of the report looks like this:
1681950417279.png

The things in those tables are the key pieces of information.

As for the WebUI version of it, which is why I had put in two requests, Scrutiny looks like this:
bed5c6d0-1c15-4fde-bc6b-509353a1e1c5.png

As far as collecting more data, please see: