"fdatasync"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tritron

Dabbler
I had reinstalled freenas 11.04 and now when trying to run mariadb I get and error /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: undefined symbol "fdatasync" How i fix it ? I saw there was a post but was deleted.

garm

Wizard
Struggled with this last night. Seams Maria is broken in FreeBSD 10.1 so we need to wait for FreeNAS 11.1 for it to work again..

JoeB

Contributor
This fault has broken a load of stuff. Jails using mono seem affected, e.g. Radarr, Sonarr.

tritron

Dabbler
I upgraded to 11.1 and still mysql gives me same error message when starting

junior

Dabbler
ssh into that jail.
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
cd /usr/ports/databases/mariadb102-server/
make deinstall
make install clean ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true

reboot the jail from FreeNAS
done.

buxop

Cadet
ssh into that jail.
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
make deinstall

done.

I ran in the same "trap" after updating MariaDB and I also used ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true just to get it running. However, I also wanted to find out what was the real cause rather than "overwrite" all the time. In the official FreeBSD forum I found the hint that led me to the real cause:
Code:
freebsd-update -b <path to jail> IDS

This verified all files of the jail with the good-known ones and revealed that almost all system files in the jail were not up to date. After ensure all files matching were up to date with a supported FreeBSD version ports collection and MariaDB were running without any further error messages.

ciscam

Cadet
There is no command 'freebsd-update' in my main system, only 'freenas-update'.

And how did you update the single system files in the jail?

buxop

Cadet
Tbh. I use FreeBSD not FreeNAS, but since FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD I thought it might help someone and also guide a direction to the possible root cause, rather than use "overrides" which may cause over more problems.

AfroUSA

Dabbler
ssh into that jail.
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
make deinstall

done.

Thank you for instructions. This helped me with fixing almost all errors. But ended with three:
Code:
[ERROR] Could not open mysql.plugin table. Some plugins may be not loaded
[ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.user' doesn't exist

This was simple to fix by deleting all files in /var/db/mysql, then starting the mysql service all went OK.

jasn

Dabbler
FYI, a more generic set of instructions posted here in a HASS on 11.1 thread, allowed me to fix this issue for SABnzbd running in my new jail. The only change was that I needed to perform the deinstall, and make install, in /usr/ports/databases/sqlite3

James S

Explorer
I ran in the same "trap" after updating MariaDB and I also used ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true just to get it running. However, I also wanted to find out what was the real cause rather than "overwrite" all the time. In the official FreeBSD forum I found the hint that led me to the real cause:
Code:
freebsd-update -b <path to jail> IDS

This verified all files of the jail with the good-known ones and revealed that almost all system files in the jail were not up to date. After ensure all files matching were up to date with a supported FreeBSD version ports collection and MariaDB were running without any further error messages.

My experience is while theoretically attractive it fails. See a potential explanation here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2015-March/264774.html
I assume the FreeNAS install in the jail is a under the stable release making an update not possible.

Is the solution posted above the now accepted solution? i.e., the form of force install

elcid

Cadet
FYI, a more generic set of instructions posted here in a HASS on 11.1 thread, allowed me to fix this issue for SABnzbd running in my new jail. The only change was that I needed to perform the deinstall, and make install, in /usr/ports/databases/sqlite3

Much thanks for this... I was having trouble getting the B2 Command Line Tool running. After much fiddling, deleting the jail, and finally finding your post + reboot the jail, the B2 CLT is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.