Failed to delete boot environment

Viciouswall

Cadet
I am using TrueNAS scale on my Proxmox machine and when I tried to update the OS it gave an error that there is no space left in the boot drive. When I went ahead to check Settings -> Boot and tried deleting the image and it just wont delete giving an error 'Failed to delete Boot environment'. I could not find any related help on this and the one that is currently in the forum is old and does not have an answer that works for me.
Kindly let me know if there is any way I can delete these environments.
If you need any information please let me know.

Attachments

• chrome_sFhjdGbsuD.png
    chrome_sFhjdGbsuD.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 97

praga

Cadet
Bump, I am having a similar issue, no logs. Is there a way to delete it from CLI?

kobim

Cadet
I have the same problem, I'm running TrueNAS Scale on real hardware and can't seem to delete the boot environment trough the GUI, it keeps throwing me the error[EFAULT] Failed to delete boot environment:with no additional messages, even looking at /var/log/messages gives absolutely no information

I've managed to delete the envs that i don't need trough the CLI by using the standard zfs commands (altought a bit risky), what i did was:

zfs list -r boot-pool/ROOT to list the boot pools
zfs destroy -r boot-pool/ROOT/<your-pool> to delete the pools that i didn't need anymore

Be carefult not to delete the currently running/booting pool