Failed Error when clicking Expand Pool

Jayrel

Dabbler
Hello all,

Today I decided to expand my zfs pool and was met with an error on just clicking the option to expand. Tried to do some cursory google searches and wasn't able to find anything that could help. nvd0 is my nvme l2arc cache and that works fine so I am not sure what is happening here.
failed expand.jpg

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 361, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 397, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/expand.py", line 97, in expand
    await self._resize_disk(part_data, pool['encrypt'], geli_resize)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/expand.py", line 129, in _resize_disk
    await run('camcontrol', 'reprobe', part_data['disk'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 62, in run
    cp.check_returncode()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 444, in check_returncode
    raise CalledProcessError(self.returncode, self.args, self.stdout,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('camcontrol', 'reprobe', 'nvd0')' returned non-zero exit status 1.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 365, in run
    raise handled
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Command camcontrol reprobe nvd0 failed (code 1):
camcontrol: cam_lookup_pass: CAMGETPASSTHRU ioctl failed
cam_lookup_pass: No such file or directory
cam_lookup_pass: either the pass driver isn't in your kernel
cam_lookup_pass: or nvd0 doesn't exist

jenksdrummer

Patron
I had same when I went to do similar; though in my case a work-around using 'add vdevs' as my intention was to add disks as metadata, dedupe and cache vdevs.

Jayrel

Dabbler
I had same when I went to do similar; though in my case a work-around using 'add vdevs' as my intention was to add disks as metadata, dedupe and cache vdevs.
Yes, a work around has been to use "add vdevs" but if the intention is to actually Expand Pool then that feature needs to be fixed.

JeMoeder

Cadet
I have the exact same problem.

I don't understand why the tickets is closed...

Dit anyone find a workaround?