ESXi + TrueNAS 12.0 NFS Lost Connection

a2940uw

Cadet
I have total 6 Esxi Hosts from 6.7 ~ 7.x and mounted 3 TrueNAS 12.0 U5 to U6 NFS share, I found the all ESXi hosts will lost the NFS datastore suddenly in all TrueNAS hosts randomly without any error log, once the connectivity lost, the storage capacity will shown 0 and the mounted guest OS will dead, the TrueNAS installed on a HP Proliant G7 server with 10Gbe interface and MTU 1500, I need to restart the ESXi hosts to temporary fix and wait for next time to dead again.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
I'm going to need to see some hardware specs here - 6 VMware hosts and 3 TrueNAS machines you say.

Are the 3 TrueNAS machines all identical; and if so, are they all HP G7 hardware?

Are these HP G7 units all using the SmartArray P410i?

Are there any SLOG devices present?

What does the network topology and interconnection look like? With this amount of hardware investment you shouldn't have anything less than two switches and dedicated storage interfaces.

blanchet

Guru
I had a similar issue when I was sharing the same network interface for the NFS datastore for VMware and the ZFS replication tasks.
After running the ZFS replication tasks on another network interface the issue has gone.