ESXI 6.5 with FreeNAS 11 and VMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched google and forums for his before posting but I have a ESXi 6.5 pc with an i7-4790 with FreeNAS 11. Can I use vm inside of FreeNAS? I tried using creating Windows/ Ubuntu VMs but on the status screen they say STOPPED. I created a Linux VM with 2GB (2048MB), ZOL datastore

i7-4790
28TB
32GB Ram
ESXi 6.5 (with FreeNAS/ Windows Server 08 and vms)
Quad NIC (Intel)

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
Yes, have you enabled virtualization for guests in ESXi? I have been running FreeNAS Corral very well on ESXi 6.5 with a Docker Plex which also uses virtualization in FreeNAS.

As far as how well does FN 11 handle virtualization, I don't know. But ESXi 6.5 does support guest VMs running their own VMs.

I did use PCI-passthrough thought so that FN could directly control the SAS card and network ports.

Yes, have you enabled virtualization for guests in ESXi? I have been running FreeNAS Corral very well on ESXi 6.5 with a Docker Plex which also uses virtualization in FreeNAS.

As far as how well does FN 11 handle virtualization, I don't know. But ESXi 6.5 does support guest VMs running their own VMs.

I did use PCI-passthrough thought so that FN could directly control the SAS card and network ports.

I must have turned it off for some reason.... THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.