ERROR Setting up email notification.

Mkubiak402

Dabbler
Setting up email notification with my Gmail acount i get this error. in TrueNAS SCALE

Error: [EFAULT] Failed to send email: Unable to find the server at www.googleapis.com

i have tried 3 difrent Email accounts and looking around some one was told a guy to Telnet to Gmail to test for a blocked port and i got though just fine.
I'm kind of lost here.

1679665794011.png

Last edited:

Heracles

Wizard
Hi,

You did your test from a Windows client, not from your TrueNAS server.

It is your TrueNAS server who has the problem, so you must re-do that test from there instead. Pretty sure that test will fail and we will see from that error message what it's all about.

Mkubiak402

Dabbler
Hi,

You did your test from a Windows client, not from your TrueNAS server.

It is your TrueNAS server who has the problem, so you must re-do that test from there instead. Pretty sure that test will fail and we will see from that error message what it's all about.

ok right now i only have access to the WEB UI till i get home.

i dont know how to do that test with the WEB UI

Heracles

Wizard
You can use the shell prompt offered in the WebUI for such a test. The other option is to SSH in the box.

Heracles

Wizard
You open the shell and you type your telnet command just like you did in Windows...

Mkubiak402

Dabbler
You open the shell and you type your telnet command just like you did in Windows...
thats what i did it was a no go...

looks like i need to get root or admin privileges to install it.. ill to look up how to do that.

1679669180996.png

Last edited:

Heracles

Wizard
Are you using Core or SCALE ? Here, I use Core and telnet is present by default...

Mkubiak402

Dabbler
Got it working i think having 4 ports Bridged togater was messing some thing up with the Email notifications
i all so was reading some other people having the same problum when running link aggregation.
so it seems some thing brakes when doing that.