Enabling home share disrupts another shared dataset.

mspalacios

Cadet
Truenas 12-RELEASE
I have 2 datasets:

/mnt/m1/media on pool m1
/mnt/sys/home on pool sys

When I setup /mnt/sys/home as a new SMB share with option “Use as a Home Share”, I can no longer ‘see’ the contents on /mnt/m1/media - it shows the contents of the home datashare for each user. When I remove the /mnt/sys/home as a Home Share, and restart SMB service, the users are able to see the contents of /mnt/m1/media back.

This happens to all my users. I’ve tried this from multiple clients (MacOS, iOS, Windows) with the same experience. I can add a share and everything looks good, but when I subsequently modify that share and tick ‘Use as Home Share’ the problem shows up again.

Where is the configuration for this in the filesystem so I can at least look at it? Is there some log file that may help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Truenas 12-RELEASE
I have 2 datasets:

/mnt/m1/media on pool m1
/mnt/sys/home on pool sys

When I setup /mnt/sys/home as a new SMB share with option “Use as a Home Share”, I can no longer ‘see’ the contents on /mnt/m1/media - it shows the contents of the home datashare for each user. When I remove the /mnt/sys/home as a Home Share, and restart SMB service, the users are able to see the contents of /mnt/m1/media back.

This happens to all my users. I’ve tried this from multiple clients (MacOS, iOS, Windows) with the same experience. I can add a share and everything looks good, but when I subsequently modify that share and tick ‘Use as Home Share’ the problem shows up again.

Where is the configuration for this in the filesystem so I can at least look at it? Is there some log file that may help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
There was an upstream bug related to homes shares in 12-RELEASE. It is fixed in U1.