Empty file/directory for ZFS Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

Cadet
When I try to use WebGUI to auto import the ZFS volume, it's able to detect my pool but then after then it'll hang at the following screen forever.

1.PNG

But with 'zpool status -v' I can see that my pool is healthy and is online.

2.PNG

Still able to see size and free space of my pool.

3.PNG

But when I do 'ls /mnt/Pegasus' nothing comes out.
I have tried manual import via shell, using 'zpool import -fR /mnt Pegasus', it'll stuck there forever. I have let it be and wait for 3 days and it's still same. Nothing happened. I know there's a last chance to try with 'zpool import -FX Pegasus' but I don't wish to try that first. What else could be the reason I can't show my files even though I'm able to mount the pool. I hope someone can help me please, so I won't lose the 2TB files :(

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 226
Word of advice: DONT use the command line unless you're absolutely sure about what you're doing. The ZFS pros on the board have stated more than once that you have a good chance of trashing your data / zpool that way. Importing can take a long time. I think this depends on the amount of data already stored on the drive and its size

warri

Guru
Also it might help to attach your hardware specifications and FreeNAS version.

Kane

Cadet
FreeNAS version: FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4)

Hardware Spec:-
Processor : AMD Turion™ II Model Neo N54L
Memory: 2GB
Harddisk: RaidZ1 - 3 x 500gb + 1 x 1000gb
Mirror - 1 x 3TB + 1 x 4TB (this pool fail to be import)

Now another question. The pool is still been imported and when I press Ctrl + T, it shows
"load : 0.17 cmd : zpool 4116 [tx->tx_sync_done_cv] 78101.72r 0.00u 0.12s 0% 3296k"
The integer with the r at the back is keep increasing, does that means it's processing or it's stop working?
iostat did not show any read and write on the mirror pool.

BTW, dedup is off.

Dusan

Guru
2GB of memory is way too low for ZFS. Could you please post output of "top -d1 | grep Mem:" while the import is running?
Can you also try to import the pool in 9.1.1?

Kane

Cadet
Here is the output:
5.PNG

Does not mean it's running fine, just that might take maybe a long time to finish the import?
Okay... might try move to my primary workstation with 16gb ram if needed. (currently running the FreeNAS on USB so I can move it around)

Dusan

Guru
Hmm, only 110M free. What does "swapinfo" say (again while the import is running)?
Yes, please try to import it first on a box with 16GB of memory and then also try FreeNAS 9.1.1 (if possible also on the 16GB box).

Kane

Cadet
Here is the swapinfo
6.PNG

Ok I'll try the 16GB memory com first and FreeNAS 9.1.1 later. Thanks. :D:D

Kane

Cadet
After 3 days of import using my primary workstation it still importing. I stopped it and flash my USB with FreeNAS 9.1.1 and got this message when doing the 'zpool import'

7.PNG

I'm able to mount the volume using the command 'zpool import -o readonly=on -R /mnt [poolname]".
But now I'm having problem for sharing the files so I can backup to my main machine before I recreate the pool.
The pool is exist under /mnt/[poolname], however when I try to Add Windows Share, I can't reach the mountpoint and got the following error.

8.PNG

I'm sure that my files inside are intact.

9.PNG

Dusan

Guru
Can't you just type /mnt/Unicorn in the Path filed (do not use the Browse button)?

Kane

Cadet
And at last, I'm able to get back my files.
Using FreeNAS 9.2, import the pool that's unable to mount with '-o readonly', use my pool that's just created.
Move the files thru command to my usable pool, as the readonly pool unable to share thru Windows Share.
Will recreate my unreadable pool in FreeNAS 9.2 later after I've done backup my files.
Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.