Emails have date in UTC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vom

Dabbler
Running 8.3.0 x64

Don't know if this is intentional or not. I can't seem to remember previous versions of FreeNAS doing this.

Basically, I have email turned on and I get my daily report. But the Date: header is in UTC. NTP is working, timezone set, the system time is correct (EST, -5).

Not a huge deal, just throws me off when I see emails out of FreeNAS and I'm not expecting UTC. Had some power issues here lately and it's a pain to correlate events when the times are flipping from local to UTC. Thanks.

Small example:

---
Received: from localhost.my.domain (unknown [IPv6:2607:***X:11:200:***:XXff:feXX:***X])
by ***X (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 905D97411B9
for <vom@***X>; Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:17:36 -0500 (EST)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Subject: Test message from FreeNAS
To: vom@***X
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:17:36 -0000
---

phoenix

Explorer
Does your mail server (and your local PC that you use to view the email) have it's timezone set correctly? I certainly don't see that problem on my server but I do run my own mail server on may LAN.

vom

Dabbler
Yes, all NTP and TZ of EST. My own server (where I also read my mail directly using pine). Every other email, various *nix box logrotate etc all correct timestamps.

What's a good way of restarting the mail server on FreeNAS ? Wonder if that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.