[EFAULT] Failed to get group quota for tankX/dataset: [cannot get used/quota for tankX/dataset: unsupported version or feature ]

mrleerkotte

Cadet
Hello everyone,

Recently I have migrated my system from CORE to SCALE, in doing so I backed up several datasets that were on a GELI encrypted pool (tank2) to a new ZFS native encrypted pool (tank1). These cloned datasets were stored unencrypted on the new pool (tank1). After upgrading to SCALE, upgrading my ZFS pool (tank1) and recreating tank2 I replicated the datasets back with encryption enabled. This all seems to work without a hitch and the data is accessible.

Now where I run in to the error is when I navigate to the replicated dataset in the WebUI I get the following error: [EFAULT] Failed to get user quota for tank2/iso: [cannot get used/quota for tank2/iso: unsupported version or feature ]

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: """ Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 243, in _process_worker    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 115, in main_worker    res = MIDDLEWARE._run(*call_args)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 46, in _run    return self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, args, job=job)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 40, in _call    return methodobj(*params)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 40, in _call    return methodobj(*params)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 702, in get_quota    raise CallError( middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to get user quota for tank2/iso: [cannot get used/quota for tank2/iso: unsupported version or feature ] """ The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 181, in call_method    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1255, in _call    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1284, in nf    return await func(*args, **kwargs)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 4010, in get_quota    quota_list = await self.middleware.call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1306, in call    return await self._call(  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1263, in _call    return await self._call_worker(name, *prepared_call.args)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1269, in _call_worker    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1184, in run_in_proc    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1169, in run_in_executor    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to get user quota for tank2/iso: [cannot get used/quota for tank2/iso: unsupported version or feature ]

I tried seeing if the pool was upgraded and it is:

Code:
root@freenas[~]# zpool upgrade tank2   
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

Pool 'tank2' already has all supported and requested features enabled.
root@freenas[~]# 

I checked if the userobj_accounting feature was active and it is:

Code:
root@freenas[~]#  zpool get all tank2 | grep userobj
tank2  feature@userobj_accounting     active                         local
root@freenas[~]# 

I double checked and it only happens on the datasets I replicated back to the new pool. Any new dataset I create on the same pool works as intended.

Has anybody run in to this before or has any clues as to what might be causing this?

rockybulwinkle

Dabbler
I ran into this same problem restoring a backup from a TrueNAS Core server to a Scale server. I upgraded my Scale server's pool. I see the same userobj flag enabled.

While restoring the backup, I too switched to ZFS native encryptrion (from previously no encryption). I did this by:

Replicating the dataset locally on the Core backup server to an encryption root, replicated that new encryption root to a USB drive, and transfered by sneakernet to my Scale server.

I have not yet found a solution to this issue.

mrleerkotte

Cadet
It seemed my datasets were unknowingly read-only which caused this behavior. This is not very evident in the new SCALE interface.

Switching it to read-write seems to solve the issue.

My apologies. I hope this will help other people having the same issue.

Myst1986

Cadet
Hello. Sorry for my english.
I have a problem whith copy some specific file in SMB. Error access denie. Example one file 1.iso copy successfully copy, but another "2.iso" copy failed whith access denied.
I resolv this problem delete atribute of file read only.