Duplicati on 11.3U2

NugentS

MVP
Hi,

I am testing and am gradually getting through issues - most of which are my fault coming from a windows background mostly. FreeNas is on VMWare at the moment as I am just testing to make sure I can tick the boxes I need to tick). the FreeNas box has full access to the internet, dns working etc

I would like to install duplicati in a jail. It's available from the community plugins
If I try to install, using default options I get to 50% which then aborts with Error: duplicati-jail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check duplicati-jail's network configuration Partial plugin destroyed which isn't helpful in determining what happened.

If I don't use DHCP and NAT not tickerd and use my only ethernet interface with a new IP then I cannot set a default router and I get Error: duplicati-jail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped duplicati-jail due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

If I select NAT instead then the install works - hooray but I get a wall of txt (in attachment 1.txt). The jail says its up with a JID of 19

Clearly the IP address is a virtual network that is presumably NAT'd via FreeNas to my network. DNS looking and Pings work to the outside world

But what on earth do I do now. How do I get access to the jail. The address clearly isn't routable, and its behind NAT anyway and there is nothing on the Jail . On the plugins section of FreeNas is says the Admin Portal is http://192.168.38.40:8200 but that does nothing. I have even tried another browser just in case - but no.

I did test loading the plex plugin, and that one works - so I am not 100% an idiot

I also tried changing the IP address to one on my LAN. Again, I cannot enter a default router - but I can ping something. Unfortunately when I try to open a webpage on 80 I just get the FreeNas box, and not the duplicati-jail and nothing if I try the specific ports

I am stumped

Attachments

• 1.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 322

NugentS

MVP
The FreeNas Sghell can ping the duplicati address

Redcoat

MVP
Did you look at and try using the information in the last few lines "PlugIn Info" in the "wall of text"?

NugentS

MVP
Yes.
But I cannot route to 172.16.0.2 - and FreeNAS does not have a browser that I am aware of - so I don't see how that last part is of any use to me

Sean

And it doesn't work

Last edited:

NugentS

MVP
I have now refined the install process. I have to install as NAT, which is then inaccessible. However the JAIL network can then be modified to a real IP and that seems to work
BTW - when I said get to work. I now have a permissions issue.
dup[licati runs as user duplicati in the jail
When I shell into the duplicati jail, I can see my mount points and see files inside. But I am root inside the jail.
But the duplicati user can't see them due to the user it runs as.

Any idea how to change the user that duplicati runs as OR give the jail user duplicati access to the datasets? Giving everyone@ access to the datasets works but is less than idea as it breaks any form of user level access

NugentS

MVP
I have what appears at first and second glance a solution
duplicati is UID 1001 on the jail.
I created a user "duplicati" and assigned UID 1001 to that user. than gave that user root and no login etc

Duplicati is now able to see ,backup and restore the files. I am getting errors (warnings on restores) but the files are present and correct as near as I can tell.

Thanks to https://www.ixsystems.com/community...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/ which I hadn't spotted but which does contain the solution required

Sean

Carbon658

Cadet
I have what appears at first and second glance a solution
duplicati is UID 1001 on the jail.
I created a user "duplicati" and assigned UID 1001 to that user. than gave that user root and no login etc

Duplicati is now able to see ,backup and restore the files. I am getting errors (warnings on restores) but the files are present and correct as near as I can tell.

Thanks to https://www.ixsystems.com/community...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/ which I hadn't spotted but which does contain the solution required

Sean

I already have a user that is assigned to the UID 1001. Is there a way to change the plugin to a different UID? I am having a restore error which I believe is due to the UID already used for a different user.