Dropbox Access ID Short Lived - TrueNAS Core

CalumS

Cadet
Hi All, I've managed to get TrueNAS to sync the data in my dropbox successfully by generating a Developer App in the Dropbox App Console and generating and Access Token. The problem i have is it seems to expire after a week (SL prefix on token for short lived). After spekaing to Dropbox support it seems they no longer offer long life tokens and all new tokens expire quickly. Has anyone had / solved this issue? Or is there another way to authenticate to Dropbox that im missing?

aix

Dabbler
Have you been able to find an answer to this? I have a legacy thing that I need to periodically sync from Dropbox to TrueNAS, and I'm facing exactly the same problem as you are: TrueNAS requires an access token and Dropbox only issues access tokens with a very short TTL (AFAICT, 4 hours).

I'd gladly migrate off Dropbox, but that's not a viable short-term choice.

andrewket

Cadet
Bumping this thread as I have the same problem. The sync code for dropbox on TrueNAS needs to be updated to store a refresh token and then obtain a short-lived token at a minimum once every four hours. Anyone know if this is on a roadmap/backlog somewhere? Dropbox provides code samples.

chadilac

Dabbler
The Jira ticket shows this was done for SCALE, not CORE unfortunately. I added a new ticket to see about migrating to CORE as well. Vote for it by clicking the vote icon in upper right and maybe also leave a comment.
1673912442397.png