Drive failure testing... without success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflinta

Cadet
Hi!

I've set up FreeNAS 8.0.1 B4 on Atom board with 2GB of RAM, system installed on SSD drive and 4 x 2TB hot-swap SATA drives connected to SATA AHCI controller on motherboard. From 4 x 2TB SATA drives I've built RAIDZ volume with about 5,2TB free space. Status of this volume was on-line. Then I've simulated drive failure by pulling it out from hot-swap cage. On display connected directly to FreeNAS box message: (ada3:ahcich3:0:0:0): lost device have been displayed. But via webpage mangement I can still see that status of the volume is ONLINE instead of degraded. I've refreshed page few times, but nothing changed. I've pulled out rest of drives and still had ONLINE status. Why there is no any info about degraded status or even permanent failure with all drives missing? Did I miss something in configuration process?

ProtoSD

MVP
You didn't miss anything, it just doesn't work right. Hopefully it'll be fixed *soon*.

aflinta

Cadet
protosd, thanks for clarification :) Is there any bugzilla/bugtrack entry for this feature? I've checked also this scenario on UFS with RAID1, and this is working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.