Donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufalien

Patron
Hi,

Apology if this has been covered and I didn't see anything on the main page, but were can I submit a list of donations to FreeNAS/IX for approval?

I've a couple of 1st gen FusionIO cards, perhaps parts of a BlueArc Titan etc... to give.

I've email Josh P but I think he's gone as he usually gets back to me.

Thanks in advance,

- aurfy aurf

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I know I'd love to have a few benchmarks run on that card if you are interested aufalien. I've been curious how suitable the fusionIO cards are for a ZIL and L2ARC. ;)

aufalien

Patron
Well, sure the donations are for IX, so yes, devs are included. The specs on those cards are not that great, keep in mind they are the old ioXtreme cards; specs

700MB/s read
280MB/s write
.08ms read latency

Current drives do not include FreeBSD.

I also have like 20-ish Hitachi Ultrastar HUA721010KLA330 1TB drives circa 2008 for donation as well.

They have been used pretty well, never had issues though.

I would have rather bought a system from IX but already went down to build your own route. Its just fine and all but there efforts cannot go without financial reward as one can only survive on ether for s long.

At any rate, contact me off list to discuss donations further.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you could run this command on your cards(one per model/size is fine) and report back the results that would be nice: (only worthwhile for solid state drives as this test is a good test for suitability for a ZIL or L2ARC).

iozone -r 4k -s 4G -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f -o /dev/adaX

You will need to change the -s parameter to be at least double your system RAM. If you have to set it higher than 32GB the test could take a few hours. The test also uses a very wide format. So I'd recommend you redirect the output to a file with something like...

iozone -r 4k -s 4G -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f -o /dev/adaX > /mnt/tank/testfile.txt

There's no time frame on this, if you don't get to it for a few weeks, or never, that's fine. Most people aren't going to buy Fusion IO cards these days anyway. I think their fame has kind of worn out.

aufalien

Patron
If you could run this command on your cards(one per model/size is fine) and report back the results that would be nice: (only worthwhile for solid state drives as this test is a good test for suitability for a ZIL or L2ARC).

iozone -r 4k -s 4G -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f -o /dev/adaX

You will need to change the -s parameter to be at least double your system RAM. If you have to set it higher than 32GB the test could take a few hours. The test also uses a very wide format. So I'd recommend you redirect the output to a file with something like...

iozone -r 4k -s 4G -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f -o /dev/adaX > /mnt/tank/testfile.txt

There's no time frame on this, if you don't get to it for a few weeks, or never, that's fine. Most people aren't going to buy Fusion IO cards these days anyway. I think their fame has kind of worn out.

Ok, well this a good nugget of info. I don't think the card will show up but I'll stuff it in a server and see.

BTW, here is a card just like it on eBay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fusion-ioXtreme-/131077716851?pt=US_Solid_State_Drives&hash=item1e84d73b73

Status
Not open for further replies.