Does email get sent during auto hot spare replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diedrichg

Wizard
I've been running the original 9.3-STABLE under the mantra of: "if there aren't any big security bugs or any new features that you don't need, and your machine is running fine then you shouldn't need to update."

I just learned about the new hot spare automatic replacement feature. My question is: Do you get an email if a drive has been found degraded and is automatically replaced? I ask because I may go into the GUI maybe once a month now that my system has been *knock on wood* running great for several years. Yes, I get weekly emails about SMART and pool status (after a scrub).

Does the email say something like -

"Pool tank has been found degraded and ada2 has been replaced with hot spare ada4. You're welcome.

- iXSystems"

Does the replaced drive show as offline?

Sorry for the questions but there is zero documentation regarding this new feature (other than that the setting exists). Docs 8.1.1.2, Figure and Table 8.1b

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's not a new feature. It replaced a drive for me a long time ago. :smile: I think it's just that it finally "works right" or at least "works better."

I believe I got several e-mails about changes in the pool status in rapid succession. At the time, I wasn't even aware zfsd had been integrated.

Probably most easily tested by creating a test pool and killing a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.