Docker, K3S, Traefik

jamesarbrown

Cadet
I would like to expose a Docker (gitlab) into traefik, such git.domain.com or ip 10.x.x.x pushes there. Really struggling with the concepts as not familiar with traefik and k3s.

Where the truecharts apps have questions for ingress, docker images do not

Truenas GUI is bind to nic1 - 10.8.23.xx
Kubernetes is bind to nic2 - 10.2.0.xx with nic and gw set

Gitlab is running, i can get login via 10.2.0.xx:9080.
Traefik is running on 10.2.0.xx:9000

I see there is external service and maybe can feed the gitlab ip (same ip) and port...

Seems a kludge if k3s can backdoor somehow into traefik.

schovanec

Cadet
Take a look at the TrueCharts custom-app... it seems to try to do something similar to the "launch docker image" button, but with the additional standard questions that TrueCharts apps have relating to ingress, etc.

jamesarbrown

Cadet
Thanks for that, did take a look, but just can not seem to get it running (even with a cut down attempt) and very little examples out there to study

stavros-k

Patron
Thanks for that, did take a look, but just can not seem to get it running (even with a cut down attempt) and very little examples out there to study
About truecharts apps, you can reach us on our support channels, https://truecharts.org/#contact-and-support.
Be sure to read the rules and post on the proper channel for your question :)

In this case there is a dedicated channel for custom-app on our discord server. Make a thread there and share your current config, logs and events and someone maybe help you.
(I say maybe, because custom-app is for advanced k8s users, and it's out of our support scope.)