Docker Image with Static IP

josh.walls

Dabbler
Hello. I've searched the forum and found a couple instances, but nothing that seems to solve this issue. When I create a new docker image, I can use the host network fine, and I can use a DHCP IP just fine as well. However, for my use case (ie Pihole or Heimdall), choosing a static IP doesn't work. I also tried to use the host network, with port forwarding. When I attempt to go to the forwarded port, it just takes me to the SCALE login splash screen. If I remove the forward, it fails to load. Two problems, and either one works. I prefer a static IP, personally. Here's the config. I have tried numerous static route destination combinations. I can't seem to save a static IP without a static route (I could on an earlier version of Angelfish). I get no errors or warnings. Clicking submit just does nothing. I saw an old post where someone mentioned using 0.0.0.0/0 as the destination was the fix, and that doesn't seem to work either. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.
1621357019892.png

leckyBill

Dabbler
Looks like a general bug then if this used to work on earlier version. This is the first build I have used and thought I was doing something wrong.

josh.walls

Dabbler
I saw that. Definitely the same problem. I split off due to the horrible quality answer you got that just said "click host" and "setup interfaces" with no real appreciation for the problem or direction in the way of a meaningful answer.

I guess this is a bug and I'll just have to wait for a fix to be included in an update. What's the best way to report bugs? I can provide any logs/videos they want of the situation. Anyone know?