Docker CE on Debian minimal in a UEFI bhyve VM with NFS

Docker CE on Debian minimal in a UEFI bhyve VM with NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetSoerfer

Explorer
NetSoerfer submitted a new resource:

Docker CE on Debian minimal in a UEFI bhyve VM with NFS - How to get Docker running on FreeNAS - without Rancher, Kubernetes, Compose, ...
My requirements for Docker are fairly simple: I needed a way to run services that have not been ported to FreeBSD, but are available as Docker images. While almost all Linux software that's open source is ported to FreeBSD too, closed-source software cannot be easily ported, but is often available for Docker (like ecoDMS, UniFi Video, ...). So any solution involving Rancher, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes or any such container orchestration is way overkill for me.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

NetSoerfer

Explorer

KrisBee

Wizard
If you are using a debian netinstall iso you can select "Advanced options >" to run the installer in expert mode which will give you the option to "Force grub-efi installation to the removable media path" at the grub install step. Doing this will avoid problmes with UEFI boot post install.

NetSoerfer

Explorer
Awesome, thanks! I'll add this to the guide, that's a lot better than doing it manually. Will this also keep working after updating grub or debian (which, using the workaround, would break things again)?

KrisBee

Wizard
Awesome, thanks! I'll add this to the guide, that's a lot better than doing it manually. Will this also keep working after updating grub or debian (which, using the workaround, would break things again)?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.