DNS problem with Nextcloud

kampi

Cadet
Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this is a Truenas problem, or DNS problem, or a nextcloud problem, but at this point I am loosing my mind.
I set up a fresh install of nextcloud. Everything works fine.
I opened up port 443 on my router and froward it to port 9001 on my truenas, which is the nextcloud instance.
I bought an SSL certificate from ionos. I imported the certificate into Truenas, and set the certificate to nextcloud.
Then I created a subdomain, and created an A record for this subdomain which points to my public IP.
And here comes the part, which I don't understand.
I have my domain example.com.
If I open subdomain.example.com, then it will try to open my internal IP (192.168.x.x), which is obviously not working. I can see that the address bar of the browser actually tries to open https://192.168.x.x:9001/login
If however, I open subdomain.example.com/login then everything is working fine.

Could someone please help me to solve this? I don't think that by opening subdomain.example.com my internal IP should be visible. Also I don't understand why I have to write /login after subdomain.example.com so it works? If I simply open https://mypublicIP then it will get automatically redirected to the /login page.

Thanks in advance!

I am Having this exact same issue. I think it has to do with the configuration. I tried reinstalling NC while setting the database file to a separate dataset that I then could turn into an NFS share. Though the share mounts I'm having trouble getting *sudo nano* to work and edit the config.
It would be nice though if we could edit these properties in the setup. I wonder of the TruCharts version is more configurable in this manner. It may be worth it to switch to that version in the long run. It has a long list of previous versions as well. I hope you were able to find something on this though because I've been loving NC.

kampi

Cadet
I am Having this exact same issue. I think it has to do with the configuration. I tried reinstalling NC while setting the database file to a separate dataset that I then could turn into an NFS share. Though the share mounts I'm having trouble getting *sudo nano* to work and edit the config.
It would be nice though if we could edit these properties in the setup. I wonder of the TruCharts version is more configurable in this manner. It may be worth it to switch to that version in the long run. It has a long list of previous versions as well. I hope you were able to find something on this though because I've been loving NC.
Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I switched to the truecharts version and everything is working as it should be. It is much easier to configuration as well.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I switched to the truecharts version and everything is working as it should be. It is much easier to configuration as well.
Awesome! I just set it up. I adjusted the DNS records and firewall rules so when I type in my address it does resolve to the nextcloud instance. However, now I get the access through untrusted domains issue and am not sure how to edit that part of the config. I know I missed something simple but yes so far this is much further along than the official Truenas app.

kampi

Cadet
Awesome! I just set it up. I adjusted the DNS records and firewall rules so when I type in my address it does resolve to the nextcloud instance. However, now I get the access through untrusted domains issue and am not sure how to edit that part of the config. I know I missed something simple but yes so far this is much further along than the official Truenas app.
Hi! I didn't do anything. I set up traefik first, then nextcloud, and in nextcloud settings I also specified my Certificate. I didn't had to change any configuration ivia command line. Could you showme athe error?