Disk serial (only one) not shown in "View Disks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

panz

Guru
I thought this problem had been solved many releases ago...​
I've just put in the FreeNAS box six Western Digital 30EFRX Red drives. All of them show the correct disk serial number in the GUI. Only one is missing (da2).​
Checking from smartctl shows me that da2 is ok (in the CLI, serial number is correctly shown).​
Clipboard01.jpg

indy

Patron
Same problem here.
I fixes itself when reloading the browser or something though.

panz

Guru
Same problem here.
I fixes itself when reloading the browser or something though.

Logging out and back in doesn't help. Hard reload of the page (or cache clearing) too.

Z300M

Guru
I thought this problem had been solved many releases ago...​
I've just put in the FreeNAS box six Western Digital 30EFRX Red drives. All of them show the correct disk serial number in the GUI. Only one is missing (da2).​
Checking from smartctl shows me that da2 is ok (in the CLI, serial number is correctly shown).​
Previously I had only five out of ten serial numbers showing, but for me that's fixed in 9.2.1.2-RELEASE: I gave one of the iXSystems gurus remote access to my machine, and he fixed the code in a matter of minutes; that fix is incorporated into 9.2.1.2. But perhaps there's something hardware specific: my mobo is a different model from yours and has onboard SAS. Eight of my ten drives are connected to an M1015, the other two to the onboard SAS.

panz

Guru
I can't figure out what the problem could be: da2 is on the same backplane as da3 (so, same mini-SAS cable for them too); there is no difference at all in the path of electronics involved to reach the hard disk from the M1015.

scurrier

Patron
I am experiencing a similar issue. In my case, detach-destroying the pool and then recreating the pool got the serials on that pool to come back. That was a test pool so I could destroy it. But on another pool which I cannot destroy, I detached it and imported it and it did not fix a serial issue with one of those drives. All these drives are connected to the same LSI SAS chip on my X10SL7-F, flashed to IT mode.

panz

Guru
I am experiencing a similar issue. In my case, detach-destroying the pool and then recreating the pool got the serials on that pool to come back. That was a test pool so I could destroy it. But on another pool which I cannot destroy, I detached it and imported it and it did not fix a serial issue with one of those drives. All these drives are connected to the same LSI SAS chip on my X10SL7-F, flashed to IT mode.

I have another issue that I don't know if it is related.

My drives are /dev/daX where X is from 0 to 7.

Drive da0 is not "assigned" to the first drive bay (it's assigned to the last); drive da2 is the fourth in the first row (should be the third), etc. :(

Configuration: IBM M1015 flashed to IT mode + Intel RES2SV240 SAS expander.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, SAS expanders can cause the order to go every other direction than the one you'd expect. I have that exact card and expander, and it's a mess. But, they are in groups of 4 so that's at least organized.

Z300M

Guru
I did not have to destroy-recreate or detach-reimport either of my pools. I guess you need to file a bug report.

scurrier

Patron
The drives are not in order on my system either. My mobo has an integrated LSI chip with 8 SAS ports requiring 8 cables to the backplan. Numbered daXX but not in order and they can change on reboot. I'm not sure if they change if I don't move any drives around.

scurrier

Patron
I updated bug 3761 with my info. Not sure on the etiquette there, I didn't reopen the issue or anything.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If it's closed you are wasting your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.