Disk Available for New Volume but not to replace in ZPool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBobC

Dabbler
I am having an issue in replacing a disk through the GUI. I found some smart errors on 2 drives in my RAIDZ2, so one at a time, I am replacing them. The first one replaced fine, with me removing the failed smart drive, putting in another drive, and then using the "replace" option in the "view disks" for the zpool. It resilvered and all is well. My second one, however, I remove and replace with a different drive, go to replace it, and the disk is not an option. I can, however, create a new volume with it using a UFS or ZFS file system as it is listed there. I did that, exported it (destroying all data and setting as new) in the hopes that would somehow allow it to be recognized, but no. It does, however, show in the CLI, and I can use that option to replace. Just wondering if anyone might know why I could create a new volume with it but not use it to replace a drive in my ZPool. Thanks!

MrBobC

Dabbler
Okay, so interestingly enough I attached a drive to a different drive controller, and then it was seen as able to replace in the zpool in the GUI. Then after it resilvered, I placed it on the correct drive controller and everything was detected correctly upon powering back up. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.