Disco raidz1 non identificato

sasy900

Cadet
Ciao a tutti, ho creato un nas freenas 11.3-u5 con 7 dischi in raid z1, la cosa strana e che uno di questi sembra proprio esterno al raid e se lo disconnetto tutto il raid va offline... in pratica mi vede due vdev, uno con 6 dischi raidz1 e uno con solo questo disco che non posso disconnettere senza mandare offline tutto il raid. io voglio solo un raid z1.
Qualcuno riesce a spiegarmi come fare?

Attachments

• 192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (4).png
    192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (4).png
    18 KB · Views: 176
  • 192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (3).png
    192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (3).png
    124.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (1).png
    192.168.0.49_ui_dashboard (1).png
    14.6 KB · Views: 173

NugentS

MVP
You would appear to have added a second vdev by mistake. Your only solution here is to backup your data, trash the pool and start again.
Did you try to expand the pool by adding an extra disk?

I suggest you make a backup quickly as your pool is at risk (as you have noticed) that one disk has no resiliancy and also has no way of correcting any issues. Lose that one disk and you lose the pool.

sasy900

Cadet
You would appear to have added a second vdev by mistake. Your only solution here is to backup your data, trash the pool and start again.
Did you try to expand the pool by adding an extra disk?

I suggest you make a backup quickly as your pool is at risk (as you have noticed) that one disk has no resiliancy and also has no way of correcting any issues. Lose that one disk and you lose the pool.

Never try to add another disk drive

sasy900

Cadet
i ve a lot tb of film...is possible to solve this problem without destroy pool?

NugentS

MVP
No - not really. Although you could bodge it up more and make things even worse.
I'd like to confirm things by seeing the output of zpool status please - run from the shell

sasy900

Cadet
here...

Attachments

• 192.168.0.49_ui_storage_pools_status_1.png
    192.168.0.49_ui_storage_pools_status_1.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 173

NugentS

MVP
1632950883424.png

It seems you have added the disk as a single disk vdev to the pool. You cannot revert out of this.
As far as I am aware the only option is to trash the pool and start again. You will need to copy all your data to somewhere safe first of course. You seem to have used slightly less than 8TB so it might fit on an 8TB drive (maybe) - but 10TB would be safer.

Actually - I think you could add another disk to the single vdev to make it a mirror which would get you some resiliency - but it won't fix the mess and you will always have 2 vdevs with one mirror and one Z1 which is doable - just not terribly recommended. This is assuming you have the capability of adding a new disk (Sata Ports etc). This might buy you time to get a bigger disk, copy the data to the bigger disk and then redo the pool. (during which time you data will likely be at risk on a single disk). All depends on what hardware you have available to use and its resources

sasy900

Cadet
View attachment 49659
It seems you have added the disk as a single disk vdev to the pool. You cannot revert out of this.
As far as I am aware the only option is to trash the pool and start again. You will need to copy all your data to somewhere safe first of course. You seem to have used slightly less than 8TB so it might fit on an 8TB drive (maybe) - but 10TB would be safer.

Actually - I think you could add another disk to the single vdev to make it a mirror which would get you some resiliency - but it won't fix the mess and you will always have 2 vdevs with one mirror and one Z1 which is doable - just not terribly recommended. This is assuming you have the capability of adding a new disk (Sata Ports etc). This might buy you time to get a bigger disk, copy the data to the bigger disk and then redo the pool. (during which time you data will likely be at risk on a single disk). All depends on what hardware you have available to use and its resources

hi, mate i bought 2 hdd 8tb for backup my data...i ve a question, have u good procedure for change boot device on freenas? i want whap my hdd boot device with nvme device...thanks

NugentS

MVP
Changing the boot device you can't.
However what you can do is save the config file and then rebuild TrueNAS on new media (say the NVMe device) and then load the config file. That would do what you want.
BTW - for your disk sizes we do not recommend RAIDZ1, RAIDZ2 is a much better idea for 7 disks of a decent size (for when you rebuild the pool)