Difficulties with Replication and Encryption

unit2044

Cadet
Situation:

Server A (called neon) is the main server running TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1 Core. Pools are encrypted.

Server B (called krypton) is the backup server running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1-2. The backup pool is encrypted.

Now I created a replication on the backup server to pull the data.
After many attempts this now works and creates encrypted datasets inside the backup pool.
  • backup0 (encrypted pool)
    • neon-backup (dataset)
      • fast-tank (locked replication of remote pool)
However, the replicated dataset fast-tank cannot be unlocked on the backup server. I would like to access these data via smb to be able to restore individual files.
Is replication of encrypted pools from Core to Scale not possible (Well the replication itself works, I guess I mean unlocking then)?
Can I "remove" the encryption with the replication? I tried before with adding "encryption" to the "Properties Exclude" field of the replication, but I did not work.

I guess everything would be easier if I ran Scale on all systems, but I just do not have the time currently to migrate everything..
If it would solve my issues I might have to reconsider.

unit2044

Cadet
Correction:
  • backup0 (encrypted pool)
    • neon-backup (dataset)
      • fast-tank (this is the name of the remote pool, encrypted on server A)
        • data (locked replication of remote dataset)

unit2044

Cadet
Bump.

I tried again with adding "encryption" to the "Properties Exclude" field of the replication and the target datasets are still getting encrypted.