Denied access.

Armaliteguy

Dabbler
I upgraded from Freenas 11 to Truenas Core12.0. Everything worked before the upgrade. I now have mapped the files and showing in windows as before, I can open them in windows, but when I try to save changes to any files in windows, I get access to \\Truenas\ x\ whatever was denied. I cant find where to fix this and Im new to Truenas. Thank you as 10yrs of customer files are on here and can not work till I can save the updates to their files correctly.

Alecmascot

Guru
Check that your datasets are not in readonly : zfs get readonly

Armaliteguy

Dabbler
I went into Storage\ pools\ and edited the permissions, and now windows doesnt even see them any more. Now when I try to access in windows explorer, it wont accept my root password either. As I stated in my original post.... I am new to this, so you may need better explanation.

Armaliteguy

Dabbler
UGH!!!... Now I cant even reboot Truenas without the usb I used to do the update being installed. This is a mess.

Armaliteguy

Dabbler
I ended up doing a clean install, and with that I have the server up and running.
I followed this video to a T...

.............but still can not get windows prompt to accept the password.

NugentS

MVP
Are you attempting to access the share with root?
If so that doesn't work any longer

Armaliteguy

Dabbler
Yes I was using root. With my old setup, my server was only used for local file storage on a LAN. Since I didn't share it outside of that, I didn't see it being an issue.

NugentS

MVP
It wasn't, until it became one. You can't (any longer) use root to access shares