DeLock and/or LyCOM sata controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bohs Hansen

Hi

As some might know, my currently selected SATA controller isn't compatible with FreeBSD 8.2 yet (and thereby FreeNAS 8), so I'm on the lookout for a (temp) replacement.

I found 2 cheap ones that would do the trick until a driver has been created for the one i already got. But I'm having trouble finding references to what chips they use, so i thought I ask here if someone has any experience with them already.

First is the DeLock SATA II PCI Express Card. I've send an email to the company asking about the chipset, but no feedback yet.
[edit] Got a reply back from DeLock support, this card also uses the Sil3132 chip as the LyCOM does. Now it's just the question if that chip is supported.

The second is the LyCOM PE-103R5 that uses the Silicon SiI3132 chip. However i couldn't find that on the BSD compatibility list

So anyone know more or have experience with any of these? (only cost ~15-25$ each)

[edit 2]
Found it myself with some forum searchings ... seems they are supported since FreeBSD 8.1. So guess I'll order one of these cards on monday (to late now anyways) .. unless I'm lucky to win a cheap good controller on ebay till then.

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=4192

[edit 3]
Won a cheap with same chip on Ebay for 3euro, so not complaining. Different brand (Digitus) but this one even comes with a PATA port as well in case I'll ever want to change my boot option from my SATA SSD. Still only a PCIe x1, but should be sufficient for my needs (2.5gbit ~ 310mb ~ 150mb per hdd, psychical disks can't really beat that anyway). The PCIe x4 have quite a cost jump compared.

Will edit when I get it with working results.

Status
Not open for further replies.