Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have the same question!

• Title sounds cool

• I was searching for the Dell part number

• Total voters
Has anyone worked with this card and FreeNAS? I was wondering if it supports TCP and not just FC protocols, or perhaps if there is a firmware mod for it. I would like to be able to use this card with an SFP+ DC transceiver to my switch to provide 10G network access via IP. The C2100 only has 2x PCI-e slots so leveraging the onboard SAS controller and the onboard 10Gbe could free up both slots to use on a GPU for transcoding or and M.2 PCI-e card. The 2nd question would be does FreeNas recognize the card to be able to assign an IP to it and then does it successfully pass traffic? If someone does have this working could you please elaborate for the community?

Server: Dell PowerEdge C2100
Card: 10 Gbe Fibre Channel 1YT6X

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yes, the 10 GB Mezz Card works fine. If you purchase, ensure that the Seller includes the faceplate. While not vital, I am a little OCD when it comes to having gaps. ;)

Thanks! I went out on a "limb" and just bought one anyway and it does indeed work! It was only around 60-80$ on eBay so quite affordable considering these servers only have 2 PCI-e slots and this frees one up!

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yep, I always try to populate both Mezzanine slots (10GB Dual Port NIC and H200 HBA) so those other two PCI slots are available. As well, it helps with air flow.

For other tips or info on the Dell C2100 feel free to look over the "Ode to the Dell C2100/FS12-TY" thread I made some time ago.