Dedicated Pool for App

dwchan69

Contributor
I have two plugins (jail) I am currently using with TrueNAS (Plex and Graylog). For both plugins, I store my data outside of the jail. Would it make sense or any negative consequence to have a smaller pool (SSD) setup just jailed app, while another pool (different set of spinning disks) is for just data and file sharing?Tru

Ps. I also have a JBOD connect to the TrueNAS in its own dedicated Pool for nightly backup

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Would it make sense or any negative consequence to have a smaller pool (SSD) setup just jailed app, while another pool (different set of spinning disks) is for just data and file sharing?
Plenty of folks separate things out like that, no issues to do it if you understand where your storage is and it performs well enough for the app's demands.

drinking12many

Contributor
Yep perfectly acceptable to do that, I have SSDs for Jails/VMs and data is on rust just need to add them as mount points to the Jails or Docker containers etc.

dwchan69

Contributor
Yep perfectly acceptable to do that, I have SSDs for Jails/VMs and data is on rust just need to add them as mount points to the Jails or Docker containers etc.
Thanks, that is exactly what I have in mind now that I understand better how the dataset (default) and jail allocation work