DDNS not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

NasKar

Guru
I had ddns working with no-ip and tried to renew my let's encrypt certificate but got an error that it couldn't verify my IP. No-IP has the correct IP address so I assumed it has something to do with the DDNS setting in FreeNAS. In my message log it says
Code:
S:INADYN: Could not open default servers_additional.cfg.  Will try svr_add_cfg option, if set...

Any idea on what went wrong and how to fix it?

NasKar

Guru
I've tried installing 9.10-U1 , rebooting and entering the pw and turning the ddns service off and on without success. Here is a more detailed error message log. I hope someone has a suggestion as I'm lost. My IP server is
Code:
icanhazip.com:80 /.

Code:
Apr  4 21:45:40 freenas notifier: Starting inadynmt.
Apr  4 21:45:40 freenas notifier: Tue Apr  4 21:45:40 2017: W:LANG: Cannot open language file.  Will use english defaults, or default override (--lang_file <path/file_name>...)
Apr  4 21:45:40 freenas INADYN[33866]: Tue Apr  4 21:45:40 2017: W:CACHE_LIST x.x.x.x xxx.ddns.net:auto dynupdate.no-ip.com...
Apr  4 21:45:40 freenas notifier: Tue Apr  4 21:45:40 2017: S:INADYN: Could not open default servers_additional.cfg.  Will try svr_add_cfg option, if set...

Visseroth

Guru
I'm having the same problem. Just not setting up DynDNS.
Have you had any success fixing it?

NasKar

Guru
No luck so far. If your having the same problem maybe it's a bug in freenas.

Visseroth

Guru
Maybe. I'm using Freedns.afraid.org and verified all credentials were correct and gave it the domain I wanted to update, no matter what variation I tried it gave the same error.
So, if it's a bug you want to submit and I'll add or shall I?

NasKar

Guru

NasKar

Guru
@Visseroth I think that the DDNS service does work and those errors don't matter. My original issue that made me think it was a ddns issue, was being unable to renew a Letsencrypt SSL cert in my nextcloud jail. Turns out I turned off port 80 forwarding to my server in my router as 443 was working with https. Letsencrypt need http: port 80 to renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.