Dataset permissions

marwan87

Cadet
I have two servers

Server A running TrueNAS CORE

Server B new server running TrueNas scale

I have created a replication task and moved my data from server A to server B.

But my Dataset doesnt mount automatically and I need to use zfs mount -a to mount it, I though ok its corrupt so I did it again,
now this new Dataset will not mount, when I run the above command I get

"cannot mount '/mnt/Media/PlexMedia': failed to create mountpoint: Operation not permitted"

so when in shell I go to /mnt/ I dont see it, I cant change permission as its not mounted

But also when I try create a new Dataset (Storage -> three dots -> Add dataset) I get
"[EFAULT] Failed to mount dataset: failed to create mountpoint: Operation not permitted"

if I go to /mnt/ and try create a directory I get
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘test’: Operation not permitted

im using root, and it looks like I have permissions, have I borked by pool and I need to burn it and start again or is this fixable, I haven't done much other than install a ew apps and import the pool from the old server

ScaleyNas

Dabbler
I am having this same exact problem now as well. Did you find a solution? If so, please share the details.

TMiC

Cadet
I have been having a similar problem: the user root is unable to create directories inside the root dataset of one of my pools. I have listed the permissions of the mountpoint and the owner is root with write permissions. But it is able to create new directories inside the child datasets of the pool.
I have also tried importing the pool into a fresh TrueNAS Sclae installation and the problem persists.
Other pools that I have do not show this problem.
So this seems to be a problem specific to this pool's root dataset, but I am completely lost on what might be causing this.

TMiC

Cadet
I have been having a similar problem: the user root is unable to create directories inside the root dataset of one of my pools. I have listed the permissions of the mountpoint and the owner is root with write permissions. But it is able to create new directories inside the child datasets of the pool.
I have also tried importing the pool into a fresh TrueNAS Sclae installation and the problem persists.
Other pools that I have do not show this problem.
So this seems to be a problem specific to this pool's root dataset, but I am completely lost on what might be causing this.
by root dataset I meant parent dataset. I have also checked and have no data in the mountpoint when the pool is not mounted and the none of the datasets is in read-only mode

ScaleyNas

Dabbler
(posted the previous reply without finishing by mistake xP)
changing it with the following solved it for me
Thanks! I'll have to follow up on this next month when I have free time. I'm in the process of moving plus my work schedule is brutal. I'm also tempted to wait to see if the next update patches my several small issues. Fingers crossed.

Chiaki

Explorer
(posted the previous reply without finishing by mistake xP)
changing it with the following solved it for me
I have the same issue but it appears on every reboot again! Do you have an idea how I could remove that setting permanently?