Dataset Permissions and Replication - Advice pls

0nighthawk0

Dabbler
Hi all,

Fairly new to TrueNAS although I have hobbied around with BSD.

I'm on 12.0 U1.1 for both my storage systems.

I was using a Xigmanas/nas4free box with semi convoluted permissions and migrated the datasets off there using zfs send to a TrueNAS box.
Example command: zfs send -c DPA/Games@270121 | ssh root@x.x.x.x "zfs recv -F DPB/Games".

I chose connecting as root just to simplfy this process as I was going to wipe the source server and install TrueNAS on that, which has now been completed.

I then replicated these sets in much the same way to the reinstalled box.

I've followed some of the guides on setting up SMART checks for these boxes and Scrub tasks etc.

So I now have two TrueNAS boxes, B and C, and I want the dataset permissions set correctly on B to then replicate to C.

So I would like to know:

1) What is the best way of acheiving the replication, maybe a short example command or service config if anyone has a similar setup etc.
2) In terms of permissions on the datasets, because I sent the orginal datasets from a non-TrueNAS install will these have inherited the old dataset permissions/attributes? or will the datasets have a default TrueNAS setup?
3) In terms of permissions on child datasets, for example i have a media dataset containing two seperate datasets for audio and video, how would you recommend managing these? Later on I will be defining certain apps/jails allowed to access video but not audio as read only (as an example).
4) dataset encryption (not pool) - anyone used this and replicated using zfs send/recv any problems or issues to be aware of? does it work?
5) I wish to add just one account for now that will be a second "admin" (or almost root) that I will do most admin tasks on instead of root, so it needs rw access to everything. Is there a simple way of setting this or will I have to edit the ACL on every dataset?

Sorry if some of these questions seem a bit basic. Been a while since I messed in permissions.

Thanks in advance.