Database problem during update

Status
Not open for further replies.

drogre

Cadet
Dear Technical Support / Developer Team!

I have a problem with update of freenas from FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 (11703) to 8.2.latest.
I updated my usb stick from freenas cd, and after a boot from the usb stick the update/conversion of the database file fails.
After that i can boot from stick and I still cn use 8.0.4.

I tried different 8.2.xx versions, with the same result.

Do you have any idea?

Kind regards.

Stephens

Patron
Are you using a 4GB+ usb stick?

My recommendation is to log on via gui, save the NAS configuration (System --> Settings --> Save Settings) to a machine that isn't the NAS, write 8.2 to a CD, boot it, create a completely new stick (not the same as your 8.0.4 one), boot it, then log in from the GUI and upload the configuration you saved. Read the manual about how to do all this before doing it if you're not familiar with the process.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Can you attach your database?

Also, there should be a /data/upgrade.failed, attach that as well...

drogre

Cadet
Are you using a 4GB+ usb stick?

My recommendation is to log on via gui, save the NAS configuration (System --> Settings --> Save Settings) to a machine that isn't the NAS, write 8.2 to a CD, boot it, create a completely new stick (not the same as your 8.0.4 one), boot it, then log in from the GUI and upload the configuration you saved. Read the manual about how to do all this before doing it if you're not familiar with the process.

Hi.
of course, I saved the config before doing any changes in my freenas configuratinon. :D
I installed the 8.2 release version to a 2Gb stick.

I tried to restore the config, and after a reboot the issue is the same.

Database conversion fails, again.

Any idea?

I do not want to reconfigure ther entire system again, but I would like to use the features of 8.2 release.

Stephens

Patron
I stick to what I said before regarding using a 4GB+ stick, but I defer to what William asked you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.