Data disappeared

urobe

Contributor
hey there,

I'm on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0 using active directory for authentication, and acl permissions.

I now extracted a file straight out of 7zip into a folder that already contained data. Now all of the old data seems to have disappeared and only the data that was extracted by 7zip is in the folder.

The folder in question used to have an access restriction to a certain group of users, while now, all domain users are allowed. So I guess, the data is still there, just the acls got messed up.

Is there a way reset acls for only one folder?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Peter

urobe

Contributor
Very strangely, if I try to add a new smb share nothing of the original content shows up either.

urobe

Contributor
Just in Case, that someone deleted folder accidentally, is there a way to determine who deleted the folder?
I mounted now the latest snapshot that still holds the data in question, is it possible to only restore that particular folder? I saw the roleback button, but that sounds like restroing the entire snapshot?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Just in Case, that someone deleted folder accidentally, is there a way to determine who deleted the folder?
I mounted now the latest snapshot that still holds the data in question, is it possible to only restore that particular folder? I saw the roleback button, but that sounds like restroing the entire snapshot?
You can simply copy the directory from the snapshot (either via File Explorer (previous versions) in Windows or locally via `cp`.

urobe

Contributor
You can simply copy the directory from the snapshot (either via File Explorer (previous versions) in Windows or locally via `cp`.
Thank you very much for the reply. I mounted the snapshot and tried to access it via windows explorer, I can connect to share, but don't have the permissions to access any folder in it. When I open Datasets/Permissions it says Posix Permissions. Owner is the same as from the original dataset, but this user can't access the data.
Can I just edit the permissions and strip them? I guess the original dataset stay untouched if I strip the permissions of the clone dataset?

Not sure what the second option is "via 'cp'"?