Crossgrading from FreeBSD 6.2 with RAID 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugganaut

Cadet
I have a server that is running FreeBSD 6.2 with a RAID 5 via 3ware 9550 card. I believe the RAID volume is formatted as UFS. The OS is on a separate drive from the RAID. Would it be possible to install FreeNAS on a thumb drive without having to reformat the RAID? Would it recognize the RAID properly? Are there any steps I should take to make this happen?

jugganaut

Cadet
The RAID volume is hardware based so I'm not sure how that would not be supported since the 3ware card is supported, at least in FreeBSD...

jugganaut

Cadet
I'm wondering I there are any differences between FreeBSD 6.2 and FreeNAS 8.2 that would affect how the volume is seen. Are volumes creates the same way between these two OSes? I'll end up just trying it and see what happens, but it would be nice to know if I should look out for anything beore hand...

jugganaut

Cadet
Ok, here's the real question. I've tried entering an entry in /etc/fstab for the raid volume, but it deletes it on restart. What's the proper way to mount a UFS drive through FreeNAS WITHOUT erasing/reformatting the drive?

jugganaut

Cadet
Answered my own question - just did a volume import and it imported the RAID with no problems. Now I have to figure out how to enable and setup an AFP share with user/pass login...

Status
Not open for further replies.