Cron Job Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Jenkins

Dabbler
Hi.
Have been using FreeNAS for a while now, but recently had a problem where I am trying to use a Cron Job to copy files & folder from a Windows 2003 Server across a VPN to a backup FreeNAS box. This used to work on one end of the VPN where there was the main FreeNAS box acting as a file server, but when that stopped, I migrated the users files & folders to a Window 2003 Server, installed and configured DeltaCopy and set the Cron Job.
Each time the job runs, I get an email notification like the following:

receiving incremental file list

eProfiling/
eProfiling/Electrical Apprentice eProfiling Online Instructions ver2_0.pdf
uid 4294967295 (-1) is impossible to set on "/mnt/z01/rsyncbackup/gwpublic/eProfiling/.Electrical Apprentice eProfiling Online Instructions ver2_0.pdf.E1klKM"
eProfiling/Electrical Employer eProfiling Online Instructions ver2_0.pdf
uid 4294967295 (-1) is impossible to set on "/mnt/z01/rsyncbackup/gwpublic/eProfiling/.Electrical Employer eProfiling Online Instructions ver2_0.pdf.l3ggux"
eProfiling/Electrical eProfiling Card UEE30807 Electrician.pdf
uid 4294967295 (-1) is impossible to set on "/mnt/z01/rsyncbackup/gwpublic/eProfiling/.Electrical eProfiling Card UEE30807 Electrician.pdf.8PNI5j"
port prop 19.07/
port prop 19.07/[Originals]/

Number of files: 671
Number of files transferred: 22
Total file size: 299.87M bytes
Total transferred file size: 8.73M bytes
Literal data: 8.73M bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 11.14K
File list generation time: 0.015 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 2.39K
Total bytes received: 6.75M

sent 2.39K bytes received 6.75M bytes 47.83K bytes/sec
total size is 299.87M speedup is 44.43
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1519) [generator=3.0.9]

This happens for all the files and folders (I've just put a sample in here), yet it 'seems' to be working. The folder I have set DeltaCopy to point to on the NAS is an existing folder with all the users data that the old NAS used to back up to. I'm wondering if in anyway this has something to do with it? Has anyone else had this "uid 4294967295 (-1) is impossible to set on "/mnt/..." message?

Thanks in advance.
Woz.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Considering that 4294967295 is 2 to the 32nd power minus 1 I'd say you have a configuration issue somewhere.

Depending on what is generating that log, I'd look at what is trying to set that UID. I get the feeling that the issue is on the Delta Copy side. I don't know exactly what setting to check though.

I'm not sure exactly what your configuration is, but let me get this straight...

You are using Server 2003 and a FreeNAS server. Your files are stored on the 2003 server and backed up to FreeNAS using DeltaCopy(rsync). The actual backup is being started by a cronjob.

What command is the cronjob actually running?

I'm confused because I'd have expected that the deltacopy on the 2003 server would be doing the actual initiation to an rsync module on the FreeNAS server. So there would be no reason to involve cronjob at all...

Warren Jenkins

Dabbler
Hi.
I was trying to do something which on reflection now doesn't make sense and instead will just use DeltaCopy to backup to the FreeNAS box.

Thanks.

Woz.

Status
Not open for further replies.