Creating SSH keypair for replication tasks

wolrechris

Cadet
Hi.
Even at the risk of asking a very basic question:

I'm trying to create a replication task to another machine. To do so, I want to create a new SSH keypair on the TrueNAS Scale machine (and then transfer the public key to the remote machine). However, for one, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated menu on the WebUI for SSH keys (like on TrueNAS Core). Furthermore, when trying to create a keys within the replication task wizard, I don't see a clear way to view the keys.
Am I doing something wrong here or is there a way to create a keypair using the shell that can then be used for replication tasks?

My version is 21.08-BETA.1

Thanks in advance

marmoset

Dabbler
Hi.
Even at the risk of asking a very basic question:

I'm trying to create a replication task to another machine. To do so, I want to create a new SSH keypair on the TrueNAS Scale machine (and then transfer the public key to the remote machine). However, for one, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated menu on the WebUI for SSH keys (like on TrueNAS Core). Furthermore, when trying to create a keys within the replication task wizard, I don't see a clear way to view the keys.
Am I doing something wrong here or is there a way to create a keypair using the shell that can then be used for replication tasks?

My version is 21.08-BETA.1

Thanks in advance

After creating them you can see the public and private keys by going to Credentials -> Backup Credentials then clicking on the name you gave them in the "SSH Keypairs" part of the page.